oh my auggie

My poor little guy

Payton’s last dose of flagyl was Tuesday… last night at 2:30AM I was up cleaning runny poo off my carpet yet again. =< Lucky me, I hadn't even taken the crate back downstairs from the previous week, so I brought it into my bedroom and started setting it up for him. He actually started CRYING when I was setting it up. He went into it willingly and settled down easily and fell asleep once I got it set up, but he really doesn't like being in the crate. He likes curling up with me right when we get into bed, then jumps down and sleeps on the floor... then in the early morning he jumps back up and snuggles some more before I get up. When he's crated he just stares at me from the crate with his ears back a little like he's pouting. But I never thought he would CRY when he saw me setting the crate up. =< Poor baby. The sad thing is, he's just going to have to be crated at night until we get his tummy figured out. So he's going to be really unhappy for a while. I'm not very happy about it either, I like having him snuggle up in the mornings. =/ Booooo. On the one up side, I contacted Auggie's chiropractor and asked for a second opinion from her. She agrees it's clostridium and has prescribed a nice chunk of stuff for him. Tylan powder for a while, B12 injections, and two herbal formulas. Whew! Getting stuff out of the cabinet to feed the dogs looks like I've raided a pharmacy. And to make matters worse, when I left for lunch my plan was to go to the vet's office and pick up the stuff my other vet called in for them to have ready for me, then go home, let the dogs out to potty, reheat my lunch, eat it, then come back to work. By the time I get home - too late! Payton had crapped in his crate. So I spent the rest of my lunch break cleaning out his crate instead. I kept trying to decide if I should just bring Payton back to work with me so I could watch him and take him outside HERE if I needed to, but ultimately decided I would just give him some Pepto and leave him at home. Then the poor little guy spat Pepto all over my clothes and that EFFING white carpet that I swear I'm just going to flip out about one day and rip up with my bare hands. Did I mention I'm running a 5K tonight? I managed to pop my lunch into the pizza oven and warm it up while I was syringing in the Pepto, then threw it in a Tupperware container and came back to work and ate at my desk. And now my stomach hurts because I'm so stressed out and worried. Worried about having left Payton at home instead of bringing him here where I can watch him. Worried I'm going to come home and he'll have crapped all over his crate and all over HIMSELF, and I don't know where I'm going to fit time to give him a bath. Worried he's going to be sick all night tonight when I'm trying to get sleep before my half-marathon tomorrow. Worried this is never. going. to end. To top everything off, when I was on the phone with my other vet, she asked how big Payton was and when I told her he's 17 pounds she said "Wow, he's TINY." He is. He is taller than Auggie's dad but weighs at least five pounds less. And every time his stomach acts up like this it's just not helping. He's not skin and bones or anything but I've NEVER been able to put weight on him. And then he asked me how old he is and I told her he'll be a year old on the 16th, and she said "Wow! He's old!" Waaaaah!! My puppy!! I'm drinkin' tonight. finishing the 5K, havin' a drink. then going to bed. yuuuuup.

Leave a Reply